Chink Material – Product Information
Better Than Logs™ Synthetic Chinking has proven versatility on thousands of chinked style homes. Get the absolute best chinking materials for longevity, appearance, performance, and ease of application.
Better Than Logs™ Chinking is a flexible, textured chinking that seals the chink flange areas between the Better Than Logs™ Siding boards to properly simulate and support the appearance of authentic logs. With the look and feel of traditional mortar, it is pure acrylic that adheres to the siding boards and stretches as needed to maintain a tight seal.
Like all of our products, the Better Than Logs™ Chink is easy to apply and comes backed by the support of our knowledgeable, friendly staff. When you use Better Than Logs™ Products, professional advice is never more than a phone call away. The application can be done by a homeowner or a professional contractor. We stock a full line of application accessories and can refer a professional applicator in your area.
- Eliminates Air and Water Infiltration
- Remains Flexible
- For Exterior and Interior Applications
- Suitable for all Climates
- Shelf-Life is 1 year
- Application Temperature is 40 – 90 F
- Application Methods include Chink Pump, Bulk-loading gun and follow plate, Ratchet caulking gun, and Application bag
- Surface preparation requires the surface be clean and dry
- One-time application
- Apply to approximately 3/8″ thickness
- Avoid application in direct sunlight
- Drying Time is 1-2 hours for the product to “Skin Over”
- Complete cure in 2-8 weeks depending on temperature and humidity